Sunday, November 15, 2009

Artificiality: The Diet

I am full of ideas! I bet every day I have one to several ideas. But let me be honest, most of them aren’t worth sharing and some may even cause embarrassment. But I had an idea of a GREAT way to lose weight!


I did poorly in Biology in High School, so I am not sure how practical or possible this is, but surely it is worth pursuing. If in fact the sense of taste is a series of sensors in our tongue sending signals to our brain that something tastes sweet, sour, bitter etc, then why not figure out a way to trick our brains in to thinking something tastes sweet? Maybe it is a simple combination of a few harmless chemicals that send the same message to our brain that thinks a particular flavor has been experienced!

In the old days, we saw astronauts that ate food out of tubes labeled “T-bone steak and mashed potatoes” so apparently someone has thought of this before…so let’s make it so! I would be squeezing tube after tube of Rocky Road, or Warm Brownies and the likes, without having to worry about gaining weight. See, I just mentioned those dishes and I gained a pound...I felt it grow!

Then maybe we could also find a tube called “Happiness” and then later one called “Peace” and the yummy tube of “Good Marriage” and “Friends” yeah , let’s synthesize everything until we just stay at home eating tubes.

Ok, so now I have successfully convinced myself this idea sucks and I might even be embarrassed about it. Well, thanks for indulging me in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment