Friday, November 6, 2009

Allah akbar

Killeen Texas - Ft. Hood U.S. Army Base - Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a lifelong Muslim born in the United States kills 13 people and wounds 30.  How can this be? On an ARMY BASE for crying out loud!? How is it that a person described as dedicated to his job and patients, responsible and kind, all of a sudden becomes a mass murderer with no regard for people's lives? For me, the big clue comes in the final words of the maniac..."Allah akbar" which means "God is great".  While I agree with the phrase, it is not the same God I worship to whom he is giving praise. It is Allah. So what is it about this religion that makes people so proud and eager to kill Americans? Ok, I get it, they think we are of the devil and sinful people who don't have any morals. But really, what does that have to do with taking others lives? Living in a country where we encourage all sorts of freedoms, being able to praise whomever you want is YOUR business...but when your religion says to kill people...shouldn't we as Americans do something about this?

What I don't get is this: I have a very good friend who is a muslim, but he is kind, considerate, thoughtful and socially adept...so do I need to worry that one day he will attain a certain point in his religion when he graduates to becoming a muss murderer as well? I always agree to disagree, but not to the point where I start mowing down those who are opposite me with automatic weapons and hand grenades and 747's crashing in to buildings killing innocent people.

It just frustrates me to no end when these people kill in the name of God....maybe Allah is a murdering coward, but my God says to forgive, love and be at peace with each other...nothing about spilling brain matter all over the floor due to a judgement they are making.

My heart goes out to those families affected by this lunatic's actions, I do not know if I could handle it knowing a family member of mine fell victim to this. Maybe as a kind act, all muslims could bring dinner to those families who lost loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. I am indecisive about religion and unsure of my beliefs, but I do know right from wrong, no matter what I believe in. It saddens me to hear when people snap like this.

    However, just to be difficult, I have to mention that Christianity has had it's moments as well of killing in the name of God. The Crusades.

    ReplyDelete